Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Power Of Karma simplifies relationships!!!

There are times when you feel proud and ashamed at the same time, but feel happy nevertheless. Paradigm shifting experiences are one such thing, for obvious reasons. You are happy and excited at your new found intelligence, which was somehow oblivious to you until now. I am sure you muster courage to ask yourself, how could you be so stupid, to be oblivious to that one simple point. Well, I am sure we all go through those phases. Accept it or not.

This article today is to talk about one of my paradigm shifts of late. There have been a few of late. One is about my relationships and attitude towards people; another is about my professional career, and a third one is about Religion and beliefs affecting one's lifestyle. Each of the three shifts have been sparked during my recent talks with three totally unrelated people, in the midst of conversations which initially had nothing to do with the final shocking paradigm shifting conclusions. I leave the last two to future blogs (if I somehow make myself write them down, after beating my perennial lethargy!!!).

It is no biggie that I have a nonchalant and sometimes a rather, numb attitude towards people, in general. The American lifestyle over the last few years has involuntarily made these feelings stronger. Let’s face it; I am not your good boy next door, who is helpful out of his skin. I mind my business and need my own private space and time. I feel socializing should be a part of one's life and not the other way round, where in all you have is only a social life. I always hated people doing something; they shouldn't have done in the first place. I don't necessarily mean it’s my perspective on things that people should follow, but it is from a general point of view. (Some people may or may not agree, but I always try dealing all situations with honesty, without any bias, except in cases when it comes to India or Sachin Tendulkar :P or some extreme cases). In situations like these, even though I forgive in most cases (but not forget), somewhere deep inside me there always lurks a grudge towards them, due to which I might end up taunting sometimes. It is just that, their actions in this case, nag and disturb me a lot. Also, I would not take the first step to confront them regarding this. Because if I did, this is how I would typically feel. "They did something they shouldn't have, so it is them, who needs to feel sorry about that, I am not going to do the dirty job of pointing out their doings. If they want to act oblivious to it, let it be." It is hardly that we see someone say sorry, without being confronted, on their own. and so I end up having that grudge and taunts show up.... this is like a vicious circle.... a 2 way see-saw which cannot be stopped until someone gets of it.

I guess I have had enough of that... I can say, to hell with all this, if I throw the blame on KARMA. The ageold Indian concept of 'cause' and 'effect'. 'You get back what you do'. The power of Karma for strange reasons has not found a place in my book until now. Ignorance has not been bliss in this case. With this new addition, my thinking seems to have changed( for good?). This is how I think now. "Everyone is going to pay for their deeds, let me not do the dirty job of holding grudges against people for doing deeds they shouldn't have done in the first place. If they act oblivious, it's their problem and they will be accountable for that. They are going to pay for it in some or the other form, so why bother? They are going to get the thorns (antonym used for fruits) of their own actions, who am I to offer them fruits? " It may sound lame, but we all know that's how it works in here. When was the last time, you came across a person who was off the leash, doing bad deeds all the time,? The answer is Never. At least, this paradigm saves me a lot of grudges. As a consequence, I am sure to drop out the taunting part. It is a win-win situation. 3 cheers to KARMA !!!

Being good or bad is nothing but one's perspective. But there is a line one should never cross with anyone, beyond which anyone's perspectives don't matter anymore, except yours. In this case MINE. You know, ' the power of Karma' can take you only some distance, if things cross this line too, well no Karma is going to do any good to you. That would be the time to use your instincts, but the whole point here is to delay taking that decision by instinct, and that's where Karma comes in. It helps you maintain your cool during the process of delaying. But if things get to that, well, please go ahead and do whatever it is that you should do and feel good about it. You did the best you could, in fact better than what you were capable of doing !! Thanks to the power of karma.

Well at the end of the day it is one's perspective that defines their actions towards people, society and the world. So why not have a good perspective on things, that may not matter, but definitely cannot be done without.

Cheers and peace out...

No comments: